I think you misread what I wanted to say to you.
1. Son-IL could have come home for 1 minute to say hello when FIL and I came to your house.
2. YOU are a mother now and will want only wonderful and productive things for your son besides of course health and wisdom and success. That is what I hoped for my children and I will ALWAYS be your mother and there when you need me…that will not change. Unfortunately, I was embarrassed Son-IL did not have a minute to say hello to me when we came to town. I truly hope my grandson never does that to an in law when he marries as it is hurtful….done, though.
3. As far as the wedding…forget it. It will save me an airfare and an extra room. Also, I will not bring it up again because I know you do not want to go……too much on your plate. You will have to tell the family because I will not….too embarrassed after what LMN’s kids are pulling. Someday when grandson gets married you will understand as his mother.
4. Sorry to be so blunt but I have been holding this in for a long time. I love you, Daughter and always will…just do not like some of the things you have chosen for yourself………not Son-IL if that is what you think. You love each other and that is all that counts.
5. One more thing…….I will not go out of my way for Son-IL anymore as he could not find 5 minutes for me this last trip after schlepping out to town and of course getting lost except for the fixing the computer which I paid him for. I have done more for Son-IL than the normal mother in law and I ALWAYS wind up on the wrong side of any issue. I am simply too old for the disappointment and let downs. It is not the $$……I would sell my jewelry if you were on the street and you know that and Son-IL did not find 5 minutes to say hello so I did not need to be embarrassed.
I LOVE YOU AND GIVE KISSES AND HUGS TO [GRANDSON] FOR ME. I HUNG HIS PICS ALL OVER…HE IS REALLY CUTE.
I LOVE YOU,
My In-Laws Are the Spawn of Satan: Chapter 3 “You love each other and that is all that counts. Oh, and his failing to give me one minute of his time.”